7.06.2010

Spiced and Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Coconut Sorbet (Core Plan)


Oh my! Oh my my my!

A few weeks ago, I announced at work that I wanted to make a dessert with peaches, ginger and cinnamon.  To this my boss replied, "Who are they, you're friends?"   -Sigh!***

I didn't decide to add cardamom until I bought a bag of the fragrant spice a week later.  This may be the best recipe idea I will have for a year so I wanted to save it for an epic vacation dessert.  Yes, I needed to savor it in the perfect setting.


And so...I made this recipe last week on my vacation.  It was heavenly and decadent! And do you think I wrote down one single thing I did?  Ummm... NO!  So tonight, I got a redo. 

This is my new favorite dessert.  I love it with all of my heart.  It's my edible solace at the end of a long day.  The hot peaches are a perfect match for the cold sorbet...making it a sweet melty concoction that is...well, just irresistible.  You can make it in minutes if you have a fast ice-cream maker.  If not you can make the sorbet in any ice cream maker in advance.


Spiced and Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Coconut Sorbet (Core Plan)
Free of: Pesticides, Chemicals, Sugar, Gluten, Grain, Dairy
Full of:  Good Fat, Lauric Acid, Vitamin A, Fiber, Antioxidants

Sorbet:
1 Can Organic Coconut Milk
3/4 cup xylitol
1 tbs organic vanilla extract (pure, not sweetened)
1 vanilla bean (optional)
1/4 cup filtered water
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes

Grilled Peaches:
4 Organic Peaches (Cut in half and pitted)
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs ginger
1 tbs cardamom (optional)
Coconut Oil

Place all ingredients for the sorbet in your ice cream maker and proceed according to the manufacturer's instructions until the sorbet is the same consistency as ice cream.

Coat the flat side of the peaches with coconut oil.  Place peach halves on grill (medium heat) flat side down.  Grill for about 5 minutes or so until they become soft and juicy. Mix spices together in a bowl.  Put peaches in individual bowls and sprinkle with spices.  Scoop sorbet on top of peaches and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment