7.18.2010

Frozen Chocolate Pudding (Advanced Plan)


 If you plan on eating healthy and you don't yet have an ice-cream maker, I highly recommend you get one ASAP.  Here is why.

Anything that has the potential to continue to get you off track, you will need a plan and an alternative for.  And from what I can tell...9 out of 10 people are tempted by ice-cream.

My ice-cream maker helps me with more cravings than just those for ice-cream.  If I'm craving Banana Cream Pie, for instance, banana ice-cream still does the trick.




Today it's chocolate pudding.  More specifically, the "Jello" Pudding Pops my dad bought me and my sisters when we were kids.  Good luck finding a legal chocolate pudding much less a "pudding pop"...it's not gonna happen.  So I made frozen chocolate pudding...reminiscent of those sticks of frozen chocolate pudding that every kid I knew loved with all of their hearts.




Frozen Chocolate Pudding (Advanced Plan)
Free of:  Sugar, Chemicals, Grain, Gluten
Full of: Antioxidants, Good Fats, Protein

1 Cup Xylitol
2/3 Cup Baking Cocoa (unsweetened and organic if possible )
1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
2 cup raw cow's milk* 
2 cup organic coconut milk
4 large free range egg yolks slightly beaten
1 1/2 tbs vanilla (not sweetened)
*(Remember raw milk separates.  I like to try to make this after it has separated and use most of the thick cream off of the top for this recipe.)

Mix xylitol, cocoa and sea salt in a saucepan.  Gradually stir in milk and coconut milk.  Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture starts to bubble and boil.  Stir and boil for another minute.

Gradually stir 1 cup of the hot chocolate mixture into beaten egg yolks.  Stir back into hot mixture in saucepan stirring the whole time.  Boil and stir until slightly thickens .

Turn off heat and leave mixture to cool a bit before placing it in the ice-cream maker.  Mixture should be at least room temp before putting in the ice-cream maker.  (Sometimes I place the saucepan in the freezer just to make sure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment